2 Recommendations about use of oak bark for coloring of hair. Despite obvious advantages, there are at oak bark also certain shortcomings which it is necessary to examine in advance
Very few people from women don’t like to experiment the appearance, in particular, with a hair color. However quite often the women who are periodically changing the image should pay expensively for own whims, after all the ringlets which were affected by synthetic dyes seldom remain healthy and beautiful. Often after the first coloring the structure of hair changes not to the best, they become porous and fragile because of what hair cores start breaking and be stratified on all length.
To avoid sad consequences, it is possible to use instead of permanent paints natural means, for example, oak bark. Of course, with its help it is impossible to turn from the blonde into the brunette and vice versa, but to paint over a gray hair and slightly to change a natural shade, having made it deeper and saturated, quite really.
Pluses and minuses of oak bark as dye for hair
Oak bark — the medicine known for a long time enjoying deserved popularity not only among folk healers but also in traditional medicine. It possesses the mass of useful properties, makes salutary impact on functioning of an organism and helps to get rid of a number of illnesses. Not less broad application was found by oak bark in cosmetology, mainly in that its branch which is engaged in the solution of the problems connected with head skin and hair. The matter is that this means contains a large number of components — tannins, flavonoids, pectins, proteins and organic acids which are positively influencing cells of epidermis and structure of ringlets.
If to speak about oak bark as about natural dye for hair, it though concedes to synthetic preparations in efficiency, but it is considered completely safe. Besides, bark can be got in any drugstore at the low price or to prepare independently. One more essential plus of this means is that it besides the painting effect is also capable:
- to regulate work of sebaceous glands;
- to bring toxins out of cages;
- to struggle with damp and dry dandruff;
- to accelerate healing of wounds and crusts on a skin surface;
- to remove irritation and an itch;
- to increase elasticity and durability of ringlets;
- to restore the damaged structure of hair;
- to prevent the section of tips;
- to stop a hair loss and to accelerate their growth;
- to eliminate dimness of ringlets, adding them live gloss.
Despite obvious advantages, there are at oak bark also certain shortcomings which it is necessary to examine in advance:
- coloring of hair bark of an oak won’t suit blondes as because of high concentration of a flobafen (the natural pigment containing in oak bark and wood) very light ringlets can get an unpleasant yellow or greenish shade;
- when using means on the basis of oak bark it is difficult to achieve uniform coloring, especially in the presence of a large number of a gray hair (a gray hair badly absorbs both artificial, and natural pigments);
- process of preparation of the painting structure and the coloring of ringlets oak bark can take a lot of time;
- the dyes made of oak bark quickly enough are washed away therefore the shade received with their help should be updated constantly;
- oak bark isn’t recommended to be used right after a chemical wave and coloring by synthetic means as the result can be very unexpected.
If you decided to change a shade of the ringlets by means of oak bark for the first time, don’t paint at once all head of hear. Better choose a separate lock on a nape, process it the prepared structure, wait for 30-40 minutes and estimate result. If it satisfied you, you can apply means on all hair.
Recommendations about use of oak bark for coloring of hair
In coloring of ringlets oak bark there is nothing difficult but in order that procedure took place successfully, it is necessary previously will study a number of useful recommendations:
- Getting oak bark, surely pay attention to an expiration date as the stale product with high probability won’t give the necessary effect. At desire you can prepare raw materials independently, only keep in mind that bark should be collected in the spring during swelling of kidneys, and to cut off it follows only from young branches.
- At production of the painting structure try to observe accurately the proportions of components specified in the recipe, otherwise the shade can turn out too saturated.
- Before painting hair, execute the test for existence of an allergy. For this purpose it is necessary to apply a small amount of ready structure on a wrist and to leave for 30–40 minutes. If after the designated time on the processed site there is a reddening or rash, it is necessary to refuse use of the chosen means.
- It is necessary to apply the painting structure on the basis of oak bark on the dirty, but previously moistened hair, distributing means on all their length by means of a brush or a hairbrush. For strengthening of effect the processed ringlets are recommended to be collected on the top and to wrap up from above polyethylene.
- Time of influence of natural dye for hair can vary from 1 to 4 hours, depending on initial color of ringlets, their thickness and density, and also from what intensity you want to receive a shade as a result. During procedure periodically develop a film not to miss the moment when it is necessary to wash away structure.
- After coloring wash up the head with shampoo and let’s ringlets dry naturally (the hair dryer it is undesirable to use). Try not to visit the pool as the chlorinated water can change a hair color within three days, having given them a greenish or reddish shade.
It is possible to apply oak bark to coloring of a head of hear unlimited number of times until the desirable result is reached. To support the received shade, it is rather simple to rinse after each washing of the head ringlets with strong broth or infusion from bark of an oak and twice a month repeatedly to carry out coloring procedure.
Oak bark for coloring of hair: recipes of structures
Recipe No. 1
- 50 g of the crushed oak bark;
- 200–250 ml of water.
Preparation and application:
- Fill in oak bark with water and place capacity on a water bath.
- You cook raw materials until liquid in a pan doesn’t get saturated brown color.
- Let’s the prepared broth cool down, then filter it and apply on hair for 1,5–2 hours.
- Wash up the head usually. Thanks to such means it is possible to give to ringlets a golden-brown shade.
Recipe No. 2
- 50 g of bark of an oak;
- 20 g of natural ground coffee;
- 250 ml of water.
Preparation and application:
- Pour out bark and coffee in the enameled pan and fill in with water.
- Put capacity on slow fire and you cook mix about 20 minutes.
- Cool broth and filter it through a gauze.
- Moisten with ready solution dirty ringlets and wait not less than 60 minutes.
- Wash up the head as usual. After such procedure the head of hear will get a saturated chestnut shade.
Recipe No. 3
- 40–50 g of bark of an oak;
- 1 glass of an onions peel;
- 500 ml of water.
Preparation and application:
- Pour out bark together with an onions peel in a pan.
- Fill in raw materials with water and place capacity on a plate.
- Boil thoroughly mix on weak fire within half an hour, then cool and filter.
- Apply ready solution on hair and leave for 1,5–2 hours.
- Rinse a head of hear with warm water. Oak bark in combination with an onions peel is capable to paint ringlets in a saturated nut or dark-chestnut shade.
Coloring of ringlets oak bark — very effective and absolutely safe way of change of natural color thanks to which it is possible not only to change the shape, but also to revitalize a head of hear. Test natural dye in operation and take pleasure in the gained effect.