Recently in the world of saloon hairdresses toning is actively used. Just we learned, than toning differs from coloring of hair. What then it is better? Everything depends on desirable result.
Many girls, wishing to look bright and well-groomed, often resort to procedure of coloring of hair. Thanks to action of the painting pigment getting into structure of each hair it is possible to give beautiful saturated color to your head of hear or to carry out clarification of ringlets on some tones. Recently in the world of saloon hairdresses toning is actively used. According to masters, it paints locks more carefully, giving them naturalness and providing beautiful modulations. So in what a difference between usual painting and toning? Let’s understand our article.
Similarity and distinctive features
Toning — is one of ways of coloring of hair which doesn’t assume use of the aggressive ammoniac components getting deep into each hair. Application special the ottenochnykh of balms, tonics and mousses provides superficial coloring of hair. And if some of these means also contain hydrogen peroxide, in insignificant quantity (well influence structure of ringlets).
For toning, as a rule, is a part of cosmetics:
- the painting pigment;
- grass extract;
- UV filters;
- and other components promoting restoration of your ringlets.
Ottenochny balms and tonics — it simply a find for those who prefers the sparing coloring option.
Coloring — this radical change of color. Resistant paints, incorporating an oxidizer, are capable to get deeply in hairs. Dye at first gets into scales of your locks, and then moves ahead further away in a hair stalk, influencing a natural pigment.
- at traditional coloring you can cardinally change color, toning gives to ringlets a shade, on 1–3 tones different from the basic;
- for standard coloring use the ammoniac dyes getting deeply into structure of hair, and when toning the influence which was more sparing;
- color on tinted locks keeps not so long, as on the painted;
- the painting pigment when toning is washed away more evenly that doesn’t demand regular coloring of roots;
- if to contain in tonic additional components, it is possible to call procedure of coloring medical that you won’t tell about ammoniac dye.
Just we learned, than toning differs from coloring of hair. What then it is better? Everything depends on desirable result. If you want to receive bright long-playing color, then you carry out coloring. You wish to change slightly for a short time and to treat hair a little? Without use of the tinting means in this case not to manage.
It is important to know: You remember, some tonics may contain hydrogen peroxide for fixing of color. If you have too fragile and lifeless ringlets, recommend to refuse even toning procedure.
For what purpose to be carried out
So tonic or paint? Quite difficult question.
The qualitative hair-dye will provide resistant result, and also will allow you to change significantly.
Tonics are applied on purpose:
- “to refresh” the image for few weeks;
- slightly to shade natural hair;
- to carry out correction of the locks which are previously painted in equipment highlighting or a kolorirovaniye;
- to eliminate yellowness which appeared during clarification of locks;
- to podzhivit ringlets and to add them gloss.
If you the burning brunette also want to become girl-blond, no tonics will help you. In this case it is necessary to carry out decolouration of hair by means of oxidizer (3–9% depending on initial color and structure of hair), and already then to apply dye or tonic.
Professionals distinguish from the shading means:
- coloring shampoos (give to your hair an interesting shade; it is desirable to apply them to achievement of the necessary effect several times for a week);
- sprays (cosmetics of instant action which is used mainly for painting of the grown roots);
- skin (it is capable to modify color and to eliminate yellowness);
- balm (will help to carry out easy coloring and to moisten your ringlets; to about a month sticks);
- semi-permanent dye (provides long-playing effect about 3 months).
Tonic suits those girls who are inclined to frequent change of the image.
Attention! For to paint over a gray hair it is possible to use both tonic, and paint. But in this case it is necessary to estimate degree of a covering of a head of hear a gray hair. If this percent makes 30 and above, apply dye to achievement of full-fledged result.
That is cheaper
Toning will manage to you much cheaper, than usual coloring of hair or clarification. The cost of coloring shampoos starts from 7 USD. You can pick up such options of color and tone:
- cold “blond”;
- garnet or copper for red and brown hair;
- with silvery gloss or nacreous outflow;
- with anti-yellow effect for elimination of a red shade after clarification;
- for gray-haired ringlets;
- with the UV filter;
- violet and baklazhanovy;
- the sand;
- the brown.
Sprays of the matting shades are a little more expensive. Their price is in range of 400-17 USD depending on brand. The average price of mousses and skins for toning — 20 USD. The cost of balms starts from 9 USD.
For comparison, the price of a small tube of the most simple paint makes 15 USD.
Pluses and minuses
Advantages of toning:
- the sparing impact on structure, in certain cases even treatment;
- correction of the proceeding color;
- does hair more smooth and silky due to their moistening;
- creates a protective film thanks to that sticks together scales;
- relieves of reddishness in case of clarification;
- usual paint costs cheaper, than.
Among shortcomings of toning allocate short-term effect (2–3 weeks) and painting for only 2-3 tones. These minuses of means of “soft” coloring just develop into advantages of ammoniac dyes. As the painting pigment deeply gets into structure of hair, the result is late for 2–3 months, and color will be bright and deep.
Remember! If you chose paint or clarifier, surely correctly look after hair. Reduce use of the hair dryer and iron to a minimum, and also from time to time you put the moistening and nutritious masks.
Technology of performance
Toning is carried out much more simply, than usual painting. For carrying out procedure you need to get mousse, spray, balm or coloring shampoo.
- At first properly wash up the head, it is desirable bezsulfatny shampoo.
- Blot hair with a towel and slightly dry them. You remember, the tinting components are applied on slightly moist hair as water promotes their uniform distribution, so, to coloring.
- Prepare ottenochny structure. Some means should be mixed with an oxidizer in the proportions specified in the instruction.
- Divide the head into two hair partings: vertical and horizontal. Pin up the allocated parts hairpins.
- Start applying structure on temporal area by means of a brush. Pass to a nape. Wrap a head of hear in a cellophane package.
- Maintain tonic so much, how many it is specified by the producer. As a rule, this time doesn’t exceed 30 minutes.
- Wash out the head usual slightly warm water. It is necessary to wash away means until water doesn’t become transparent.
Council of professionals. After painting at least 3 days refrain from washing of a head of hear. It will allow the painting pigment to be fixed better on a surface of ringlets.
For carrying out procedure of coloring it is necessary to work slightly more.
- If you carry out for the first time painting by the chosen dye, hold testing of structure regarding provoking of allergic reaction.
- Mix dye with an oxidizer.
- Divide ringlets into 4 parts, as well as when toning.
- Begin painting with a nape. Having receded some centimeters from roots, walk a brush on all length of the allocated locks. In 10–15 minutes it is necessary to finish painting the left roots.
- Maintain dye of 30-45 minutes depending on desirable result.
- Wash away the head shampoo and use balm the conditioner which, as a rule, goes complete with paint packing.
It is important to know: You remember, painting of hair, unlike toning, is always carried out on dry hair.
Contraindications and correct leaving
Toning of previously clarified locks isn’t carried out in a case:
- recently made wave (since carrying out chemical procedure has to pass at least 2 months);
- when didn’t pass 2 days from the moment of clarification of ringlets;
- strongly injured hair (whatever sparing was tonic, before painting make some restoring masks);
- existence of tendency to an allergy (though means for toning are practically not hypoallergenic, after all before procedure it is better to hold testing for a wrist or an elbow bend);
- pregnancy, feeding by a breast or at the use of antibacterial preparations (hormonal failures can lead to very deplorable results).
- drawing the nutritious and moistening masks;
- use of a wooden comb for combing which minimum injures and removes a static stress;
- not combing of hair at once after washing (otherwise you risk to obtain the whipped tips or high temples);
- protection against influence of UV rays and the chlorinated water;
- timely podstriganiye of the whipped tips;
- processing of hair oils and sprays (especially pay attention to tips);
- minimum use of the hair dryer, iron and curling irons.
Thus, toning is applied in a case when you need to shade the ringlets on 2–3 tones or to get rid of yellowness which arose at clarification.
Traditional painting will help you to replace cardinally an image. Ammoniac dyes deeply get in each hair that provides saturated color and long-playing effect. At the same time, they significantly injure your ringlets that you won’t tell about the tinting mousses, shampoos, balms and sprays.
Hair: to paint, tint or leave natural?